WIN AN ALL EXPENSES PAID TRIP TO THE HEART OF THE SCOTTISH SEAFOOD INDUSTRY
To bring a little competition to our Fishmonger Masterclass, you have the opportunity to win an all-expenses paid trip to the heart of the Scottish Seafood industry, Peterhead Harbour and Europe’s largest fish market. Using techniques learnt at our #fishmongermasterclass, all you have to do is post your very own cooked seafood dish on Instagram and tag @seafoodfromscotland, #fishmongermasterclass…Good Luck!
Hosted by acclaimed Scottish seafood chef Roy Brett, and expert fishmonger, author and Channel 4 presenter CJ Jackson from The Seafood School at Billingsgates, the Masterclass Series offers you the chance to develop and improve your seafood preparation skills for when you’re back in the kitchen.
You will learn what to look for when sourcing Scottish seafood, different mongering techniques across a range of species, about sustainability and seasonality as well as useful tips and hints to get the best margins and use from a whole fish or shellfish. There will also be plenty of opportunity to ask questions to our experts during the masterclass.
Click on the link below to register your attendance at the Chef’s Masterclass Series. Places are limited on this webinar so don’t miss out!
Terms & Conditions
Seafood from Scotland Fishmonger Masterclass Competition
Terms and Conditions
The promoter of the Fishmonger Masterclass competition is Seafood Scotland (company no. SP2553RS) whose registered office is at 1f1 Ratho Park One, 88 Glasgow Road, Newbridge, EH28 8PP
- Prize details: 2 places (2 winners) on an all-expenses paid trip to the heart of the Scottish Seafood industry, Peterhead Harbour and Europe’s largest fish market.
- Accommodation, subsistence, and travel to Peterhead will be provided for the winners from their home address
- This competition is open to Scottish professional chefs only.
- As the promoter is publicly funded, no alcohol can be claimed.
- Due to the current COVID-19 crisis, the date and time of the prize trip is to be confirmed. Seafood Scotland anticipate Spring 2021.
- Route to entry: The only way to enter the Fishmonger Masterclass competition is via Instagram.
- Entrees will only be accepted from chefs who attended one or more of the Seafood from Scotland Fishmonger Masterclasses
- To be entered into the competition, entrants must use techniques learnt from the Seafood from Scotland Fishmonger Masterclass/es to create their own seafood dish. They should take a picture of their dish and post it publicly on Instagram, tagging Seafood Scotland’s Instagram account @seafoodfromscotland and use the hashtag – #fishmongermasterclass
- The entered image/s must be taken by a chef registered to attend and has viewed at least one of the three Seafood from Scotland Fishmonger Masterclasses.
- Entries must be genuine; stock imagery will not be considered.
- A maximum of one entry per chef/Instagram account per Seafood from Scotland Fishmonger Masterclass will be considered, with a maximum of three entrees (one entry after each of the three Fishmonger Masterclasses) allowed per chef.
- Entry to the competition opens at 11:30 on Wednesday 20th May and closes at 5pm on Friday 5th June 2020.
- Following the closing date, Seafood Scotland will contact the winners via direct message on Instagram and following confirmation will announce the two winners on the Seafood Scotland Instagram channel. The winners will also be contacted via the email to confirm.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Seafood Scotland’s decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners is final.
- Seafood Scotland shall have the right, as its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- Seafood Scotland also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- Eligibility: Entrants must be over the age of 18 and employed within a hotel/pub/restaurant/catering or food service business kitchen in Scotland. Proof of employment, age and identity may be required.
- All prizes are non-transferable, and no cash or other alternative will be offered.
- Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers’ terms and conditions.
- Confirmation of the prize will be made via direct message on Instagram in the first instance and email within 28 days of the closing date. If the winners cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winners and pick a replacement.
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or any other social network.
- PR and marketing: By accepting the prize as “the winner” each entrant agrees to take part in further PR and marketing activity required to boost the profile of the competition. This includes PR (media relations, press releases, images), marketing collateral and social content including during the trip itself (sharing recipes and seafood images).
- The winners will be contacted by Natasha Mahoney at Clark Communications, Seafood Scotland’s appointed PR agency, to confirm further PR and marketing activity.
Round fish Masterclass
Grant funded by