Pride of Plate Competition
Terms and Conditions
The promoter of the Pride of Plate competition is Seafood Scotland (company no. SP2553RS), registered at 1f1 Ratho Park One, 88 Glasgow Road, Newbridge, EH28 8PP, UK.
- Prize details: The prize is seafood to the total market value of £1,000 for the winning chef or establishment to be delivered in a single order or as three separate deliveries over three consecutive months. The winning chef or establishment will also receive a bespoke 3-hour seafood skills workshop. rom head of Billingsgate Seafood School, CJ Jackson.
- Runners-up: Nine runners-up will also be given the option to attend a 3-hour skills session at a location in Scotland’s central belt from head of Billingsgate Seafood School, CJ Jackson. If it is not possible to deliver this session face to face, Seafood Scotland may offer this virtually.
- Seafood Scotland will not be liable to cover runners-up costs for travel, accommodation or expenses incurred by attendance of the above skills session.
- How to enter: The only way to enter the Pride of Plate competition is via Instagram.
- To be entered into the competition, entrants must take a photograph of their own seafood dish, tag Seafood Scotland’s Instagram account @seafoodfromscotland and use the hashtag – #prideofplate. They must also be following @seafoodfromscotland on Instagram – any accounts not following @seafoodfromscotland are not eligible to enter the competition and will be excluded.
- The entered image must be taken by a working chef based in Scotland or submitted by a food service establishment during the competition period. Entries featuring staged professional photography will not be considered.
- Only one entry per Instagram account is permitted to enter the competition.
- Entry to the competition opens at 9am on Friday 14th May 2021 and closes at 5pm on Sunday 23rd May 2021.
- Following the closing date, Seafood Scotland will select 10 photos from all entries and share on their Instagram channel. Followers will be asked to cast their vote for their favourite image. The image with the highest number of votes will be announced as the overall winner. The other nine shortlisted images will receive the runners up prize.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Seafood Scotland’s decision on eligibility of entrants and selection of winners and runners up is final.
- Seafood Scotland shall have the right, as its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- Seafood Scotland also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- Eligibility: Entrants must be over the age of 16 and employed within a hotel/pub/restaurant/catering or food service business kitchen in Scotland. Proof of employment, age and identity may be required.
- All prizes are non-transferable and no cash or other alternative will be offered.
- Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers’ terms and conditions.
- Confirmation of the prize will be made via Direct Message on Instagram in the first instance and telephone or email within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, Seafood Scotland reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement.
- Failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- PR and marketing: By accepting the winning or runner up prize, each entrant agrees to take part in further PR and marketing activity required to boost the profile of the competition. This includes PR (media relations, press releases, images), marketing collateral and social content (sharing recipes and seafood images).
- The winner and finalists will be contacted by Natasha Mahoney at Clark, Seafood Scotland’s appointed PR agency, to confirm further PR and marketing activity.